The Lions Club of West Pennant Hills Cherrybrook has reached an impressive milestone in its long history of community service by celebrating its Golden Anniversary at a gala dinner at the Madison Centre, Dural.
The first Lions International club was formed in Australia at Lismore in 1947. Ten years later in 1957 the Lions Club of Epping Eastwood was formed. Its major project was the INALA school at West Pennant Hills . As the Epping Eastwood club entered the 1960’s they found it difficult to maintain support for INALA. They then formed The Lions Club of West Pennant Hills on 28th April 1964 to continue assistance. It is 50 years this month since the first charter dinner was celebrated.
The Club’s Charter President was the late Hills Shire Councillor, Don Moore. He was a great club Member for 39 years until his death in 2003.